POLOKWANE – The Provincial Operational Command Centre is out in full force to support the Districts and Police Stations in their endeavour to fight against all categories of crimes across the Province.
Today, they led the multi-disciplinary joint operation which was conducted through various activities including roadblocks along the N1 South road.
The operation was supported by the Provincial Commissioner of the South African Police Service in Limpopo, Lieutenant General Nneke Ledwaba accompanied by the Capricorn District Commissioner, Major General Lesiba Mashilo along with members from all the Police Stations in the Capricorn District.
The road block started with the parade which was addressed by Major General Mashilo. In his address, the General encouraged all members to focus on their job at hand and to ensure that the community is safe and all offenders are apprehended and sent to jail.
During the tour of our duties at the roadblock, under the watchful eye of the Provincial Commissioner, the following successes were achieved:
• 06 × minibus taxis were impounded for operating without valid permits.
• 476 × people were searched.
• 29 × motor vehicles were tested.
• 13 × undocumented persons were arrested.
• 02 × people were arrested for illegal gambling (Fafi).
• 09 × summons were issued for the contravention of the Road Traffic Act to the value of R7750.00.
When the roadblock came to the end, all members including senior officers rolled up their sleeves and went to the Polokwane CBD to conduct foot patrols with the main objective of combating crime at the identified hotspot areas.
Source: South African Police Service