Seven suspects expected to appear in court on Monday for murder of businessman

Seven suspects are expected to appear at the Balfour Magistrate’s Court tomorrow, Monday 10 February 2020, facing a charge of murder and other related charges. The magnificent art of police investigation has successfully led to the arrest of the suspects in connection with the death of Jabulani Isaac Nkosi. The seventh suspect to be nabbed by police in this case is a 64-year-old Maria Naniwe Nkabinde, the mother-in-law to Jabulani Nkosi who was killed at his home in Balfour on 19 January 2020 around 085.

58-year-old Jabulani Nkosi, was a well-known owner of a funeral parlour in the area and his untimely death raised eyebrows and after police probe the matter, they unearthed information which revealed that his wife as well as other suspects, including some family members, were allegedly part of the plot who orchestrated his death.

On Wednesday 05 February 2020, police arrested Nkabinde and she had briefly appeared in the Balfour Magistrate Court on Wednesday 05 February 2020, following her arrest at Standerton on 04 February 2020. The suspect was remanded in custody and is expected to join her fellow (6) suspects in court on Monday.

47-year-old Muntu Mashinini, as well as 44-year-old Sipho Dube, Thokozani Radebe and Zanele Malindisa both 29-year-old including the wife who is 41-year-old Busi Mitta Nkosi, 17-year-old girl as well as 64-year-old Maria Naniwe Nkabinde are all facing serious allegations of murder. The suspects are expected to apply for bail on their appearance.

According to reports, Jabulani Nkosi, was at his home when suspects entered his house and fired several shots at him before fleeing the scene.

Police as well as Paramedics were apparently notified by a member of the public about the incident and they swiftly responded. Upon arrival, Nkosi was declared dead by the medical personnel on the scene.

A case of murder was opened and police immediately begun with the investigation. Part of the investigation looks into an attempted murder case in which Nkosi was nearly killed after being shot by two armed men who entered his house, wearing balaclava’s. This particular incident occurred on 08 January 2020, at about 235, whereby two suspects found him in the house, started to fight him however, Nkosi fought back and in the process he was shot. On the first shooting incident, the businessman was rushed to the nearby hospital where he received medical treatment. Nkosi was discharged from hospital on Thursday 16 January 2020, but three days later, he was fatally shot at his home again. The determined police worked tirelessly where they knitted all the dots and managed to make a breakthrough in their probe which led to the arrest of the suspects. The motive for the killing is unknown at this stage.

Source: South African Police Service